Our planning committee maps the direction of our activities. Meetings are typically weekly on Friday or Sunday evenings. Notes and documents are shared via Google Drive.
We review recently completed events, discuss requests and additions to our calendar, and plan new activities. New committee members are invited from our pool of event volunteers.
Committee members have included the following along with invited guests:
- Paul Brown, MM Ed,Poland Central School District, Music & STEM Ed Instructor & CNY Drones MultiGP Coordinator
- Dan Michaels, Mohawk Valley Community College, Small Unmanned Air Systems Student
- George Palmer, AX Enterprize, Inc., Engineer
- Bob Payne, MS – Utica Metal Products / SUNY Polytechnic Institute Adjunct & CNY Drones Volunteer Coordinator
- Lisa Marie Payne, MS HRTD, Marketing Communications & Training Development Consultant, CNY Drones Administrator
- Ryan Payne, SUNY Polytechnic Institute, Mechanical Engineering Student
- John Reade, MBA, Quanterion Solutions Incorporated, Software Engineer & CNY Drones Safety Coordinator
- Zevi Rubin, AX Enterprize, Inc., Engineer
- FJ Wadnola, Rome City School District, Assistant Principal, JavaScouts FTC Coach
To promote STEM education and safety awareness via interactive demonstrations, networking, clinics, LIVE build workshops, team competitions, mentoring, tech-meets, races, and a drone enthusiast information hub linking students, engineers, hobbyists, educators, technology-driven organizations and the public.