Links to additional program information are provided below and are also available in our Events Section of this site.
Our programs center around our annually themed team drone challenge targeting middle & high school students — and for 2020, adding a second collegiate / adult division! For 2019, FOREST FURY, a 2-field, 16-team competition, was held at SUNY Polytechnic Institute on April 7, 2019, hosted by our sister organization, the SUNY AMA UMASC 15104 in cooperation with the SUNY Fabrication Club, SUNY 3D Printing & Design Club & SUNY Baja Club.
We appreciate SUNY’s support of our collaborations with student organizations! School teams, after-school programs, clubs, families & community-based teams are invited to participate each year starting on or around October 1st at our Annual Drone Info Day & Season Kick-Off. More Info
“No words can describe the amount for respect and honor I have for everyone connected with CNY Drones and the promotion of STEM outreach this organization does with local community and youth programs. The work you guys do is ground breaking… Keep up the great work and passion for everything STEM! – Sgt. Johnny Hines, NYPD
Introductory Flying Sessions – an indoor program using our FPV goggles, controller & Tiny Whoop class drone. Age 12+, groups of 4 to 12, 2 hours of hands-on instruction. Participant to mentor ratio: 2 to 1 and often 1 to 1. Our sessions get the technology in the hands of students, allowing them the freedom to explore with guidance from experienced AMA recreational pilots. Participants are provided connection to our mentors for further questions as well as information on safety, purchasing drones, our other programs as well as other area educational opportunities. More Info
For those who are serious about getting started with drones – we participants building so they learn how to make repairs & understand the programming needed to fly. Participants go home with a complete flying kit that can easily be added to for growth into the sport of drone racing or participation on our annual Team Drone Challenge. We supply more than just a program. We give access to our continually updated participant resource folder & mentors for follow-up questions that always arise after programs are completed. Working with groups of 4 to 12, age 12+, we provide 4-6 hours of guided drone assembly & flying. Participants from this program have started teams for annual Team Drone Competition and have become mentors for CNY Drones. Our Build Workshops run from $400+/per person depending on the extent of the drone kit requested and program length. Our workshop can be offered as open enrollment event or for presentation to a specific group. Due to ordering and pre-program kit prep requirements, the enrollment cut-off for any build workshop is typically 1 month in advance. Our pre-program inspection & prep reduces day of event issues with equipment that are typical when using electronics, motors and batteries. More Info
Inject drones into your summer program! Two of our mentor/recreational pilots will share drone history, safety, a variety of drones for recreational & professional use and give ride-alongs to participants using FPV – First Person View goggles and large screen viewing for the less adventurous. Our intro/demo programs run from $349+ per presentation depending on program length, group size, and equipment requirements. We also offer tailored experiences! Let us know what you’d like for your group!
Check out this video clip of Mentors Paul Brown & Eric Suprenant from the 2019 Rome Home Expo!
Educators – We Collaborate!
- We partner with teacher groups, community organizations & companies to bring recreational drones & safety knowledge to interested groups via contracted presentation &/or individualized program development.
- We help bring drones into the classroom & guide teachers in creating curriculum modules.
- We assist in connecting fellow teachers around the State who are just starting out or are deep into drone programs of their own. We network!
We customize modules!
A single module or a mix of modules. Ask us about what we can offer your group!
+ NEW!!! tiny hovercraft soccer
+ drone & battery safety
+ scaling up primer – building larger scale drones
+ 3D modeling drone parts
Contact Us about creating a tailored program to meet your needs with multiple interactive stations & challenges for ages 11+. Program length, equipment, venue, group size, mentors required and travel determines our cost. Let us know what you envision and we can plug the numbers into our cost worksheet.
- Flight Simulator Training & Competition Zone
- LOS & FPV Learning Zone
- Safety Quiz Zone
- Drag Race & Obstacle Course Zones
- Tiny Hovercraft Soccer Match Zone
- Mini-Copter Creation & Competition Zone
“It was obvious you put a lot of effort and time in preparing all the different activities…The students had a great time and lots of fun learning about drone technology… The activities and teams were so well organized, making for an easy transition from one station to another.” – Lee Slopka, Bright Vision Education Group
Tech Meets are events where we all chip in to have a get-together for area drone enthusiasts. We discuss, learn, build, repair, fly & share information & ideas. It’s a less formal event for new friends to learn more about us & old friends to catch up & work on their drones with the help of their peers. No real agenda – totally dictated by who shows up & what we all feel like accomplishing. Some have morphed into discussion & planning nights, others have become strictly flying events, & others become total build nights. We’re flexible! Tech meets offer follow-up opportunities with our mentors as well as a starting point for those wishing to get started. Admission donations are collected to cover our basic venue costs. Looking to host a Tech Meet? We’d be happy to have one at your location!
- Fast-paced, exciting, STEM-filled race days entice interest in drone technology & provide access to the World of drone racing!
- We use our events to entice interest & promote STEM with our interactive exhibits & roving mentors.
- Races also give our volunteers an opportunity to fly competitively while sharing their passion for drones.
Sound Interesting to You?
- Program costs vary based on location (distance we need to travel), number of participants & equipment required
- Contact us to discuss how our programs can fit in your budget!
- See our Events Calendar for our open-enrollment programs
- Don’t see a session listed? Contact us – we set up programs based on demand!
- We typically plan 2-4 months in advance! Contact us early to insure our availability!
- And remember – we are run by volunteers. Fees cover our basic program costs.
Funding pays for demonstration equipment, repairs & upkeep.
We appreciate every contribution, every minute of volunteerism & every kind word of encouragement! It keeps us motivated to do more!