Want to start your own AMA Model Aviation Student Club or University Model Aviation Student Club?
We encourage it!
We’re happy to help get your club affiliated so we can start connecting & sharing ideas!
Here’s what you need to get you started –
- MASC/UMASC provides free membership to both the students & teacher/mentor
- Membership includes our liability insurance coverage that is “excess” to any other insurance
- Each club has the option to purchase site insurance for $80/year
- Site insurance is primary, meaning the policy would pay on the site owner’s behalf without involvement of the site owner’s own insurance
- To sign up for MASC or UMASC, school/groups must submit an application & an AMA membership form for each participating student
AMA club search tool (lists ALL AMA clubs – not just MASC & UMASC): https://www.modelaircraft.org/club-finder
AMA members must agree to follow the AMA Safety Code
AMA Safety Program: https://www.modelaircraft.org/sites/default/files/100.pdf.
AMA Individual Application – for an online version, click on the righthand column link
AMA MASC/UMASC Contact: (please mention CNY Drones – thanks!)
Julia Bladen, Education Specialist, Academy of Model Aeronautics
1-800-435-9262 Ext. 517
Ask Julia about the Education Programs Flyer, AMA Discover Flight Video & Newcomers Guide (our links no longer function)