Coming Soon! Have an idea for our team drone challenge? Contact us! We’ll be finalizing elements over the summer. Competition specs will be released in the beginning of October.
What can teams do in the meantime?
- Start practicing skills with whatever drone you have access to – taking off, landing, lifting, carrying, dropping off, flying under, above and through tight spots, hovering to take photos, and communicating with spotters.
- Do some of research on search and rescue and your team will have a better idea of what to expect.
- Connect with other teams and clubs!
- Start an AMA MASC (Academy of Model Aeronautics Model Aviation Student Club) If your team is part of a newly formed drone club through a community group or school, you’ll want to consider becoming an AMA MASC. Already a MASC? Let us know!
- Get your pilot(s) AMA registered early!
- ONLY pilots with AMA cards will be allowed to fly
- Pending AMA memberships will no longer qualify