Team Drone Challenges, Experience FPV Sessions & Build, Fly & Take Home Workshops – our proven drone-focused STEM programs. What else has STEM in it? …RACING!
Our chapter is based in Utica/Rome, NY – working in collaboration with SUNY AMA UMASC #15104.
In 2017, we began taking a unique approach to drone races. We started working closely with our sister organization, SUNY AMA. The student club is located at SUNY Polytechnic Institute’s Utica Campus. We have relied heavily on SUNY students to host events. In return, we annually help dozens of students get started with drone building & flying — AND – give them opportunities to share their knowledge college-wide as well as regionally. As CNY Drones grows and SUNY AMA involvement increases, we plan on having students will take over all aspects of our racing chapter.
Our drone race focus is on offering spectators an interactive STEM experience in addition to fast paced action. Typically, we have a flight simulator zone, First Person Viewing from goggles and/or monitor(s), roving mentors to answer questions and access to racer pits during breaks. It’s hours of discussion on STEM! We’ve had racers join us for other programs & start teams for our annual indoor Team Drone Challenge. We have mentors who can help develop middle & high school racing programs. Ask us about a specialized presentation or workshop. We’ll help you make the connection!
- The most updated list of race events will be on the MultiGP website
- Racers interested in participating must be AMA members
- Racers should join our MultiGP Chapter to receive email notifications of events
- Joining a chapter is FREE! Go to our MultiGP Chapter page and https://www.MultiGP.com/
- Races & interactive exhibit areas are weather permitting & run based on volunteer availability
photo collage from Peterpaul Recreation Park, Rome, NY
NEON Night Race II @ SUNY Polytechnic Institute Wildcat Field, Utica, NY