Field Element Building Specs
- available to registered teams upon request!
Smaller Elements – used for placement or pick-up
- for 2019, we will be providing specs for 3d printing elements to registered teams
- Inspection will take place prior to each team’s initial Flight.
- Inspection includes chassis, rotors, motors, sensors, batteries and any attachments/enhancements used to accomplish competition tasks.
- Re-inspection is necessary if changes are made to any drone or attached manipulator between Flights.
- Inspection Related Rules
- All drones must be within the pre-determined competition specifications
- Rotors must spin in the correct direction
- Batteries must be the appropriate size and voltage set forth in the drone specifications
- Pilot must demonstrate “fail safe” setting.
- Arming switch so the drone can quickly be disarmed
- Drones that are GPS reliant will not be able to operate in the tournament facilities.
- Drones weighing more than ½ lb. will need to be identified with their FAA number.
- All teams will sign-off that they have read the Facility Safety Rules.
- minimum crew size: 2 (one must be 18+)
- maximum in crew zone during competition: 5
- minimum age of crew: 11 yrs old
- this is an open event with no set team classes – mixed groups are welcomed!