- A co-op of local farms needs your drone team’s help!
- A recent drought followed by a major storm has taken a toll on crops
- Dairy cattle have scattered
- A farmer is missing and may be stuck in a silo!
- Is your drone team up for the task?
Preliminary Mission Options – Updated:
(elements subject to change prior to kick-off)
- Develop a Safety & Mission Plan
- Navigate at low altitude through farm obstacles
- Map property & field damage
- Search the inside of a barn & silo
- Retrieve a soil sample
- Locate & identify missing livestock
- Locate & move hay bales to feed livestock
- Activate irrigation system lever to water fields
- Inspect & restart wind turbines
- Prevent a UFO from kidnapping livestock (obviously – a fun element!)
- Return to a moving tractor-pulled platform
FARM-i-GEDDON focuses on key elements simulating real-world situations & was created using the framework for Next Generation Science Standards. Our 3rd annual challenge was developed by a volunteer committee made up of drone industry professionals, educators, college students & drone enthusiasts.
- 2 NEW competition levels! – Middle/High School (age 12+) & College/Adult
- Team Pilot(s) MUST be AMA Members at registration (Age 12-18 = FREE!)
- Teams of 2 to 5 on-field Crew Members – or 6 following new 2nddrone guidelines
- NEW 2nd Tiny Whoop class drone option! (contact us for details!)
- At least 1 adult mentor required at competition for Middle/High School level
- Utica competition limited to 24 total teams – 12 for each level
Main Competition Drone & Tiny Whoop class specs will be posted on our Team Drone Challenge Resources Page . If you need to order early and have any questions- contact us! We’re here to help! Want an improvement implemented? We’d appreciate feedback! Micro drone specs will insure that the smaller counterpart drone can easily maneuver in the FARM-i-GEDDON barn & silo. Micro drone use will be optional and only needed for a single tight-space mission.
Competition Release & Registration Opens
- SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2019 – more info to be released by August 2019
- Start a team & compete for less than $1,000 – ask us how!
- Registration page and additional information will be found linked to this page
CONFIRMED – Competition Date
- SUNDAY, APRIL 5, 2020 @ SUNY Polytechnic Institute – Hosted by SUNY AMA UMASC, SUNY Fabrication Club, SUNY 3D Printing & Design Club & SUNY Baja Club
- SPONSORS WANTED! – we’d be happy to promote your business – naming sponsor, trophy sponsor & more!
- Tech Meets to be scheduled for October, November, January, February & March
- Mentors available via phone, email or during scheduled hangouts for questions