ANNOUNCEMENT: We appreciate your patience as we move to reschedule the Northeast Competition once public health restrictions are lifted. Our current plan includes a re-introduction of an updated FARM-i-GEDDON season for Fall 2021 with a Spring 2022 competition. Teams registered in 2019/2020 will be re-admitted with the receipt of requested updated forms. There will be no additional fee for the teams that completed the original registration. New teams will also have an opportunity to register. Below is our original information for pre-registration and registration. We will be announcing all changes to the following information shortly.
Depending on registrations, this competition may run with 1 or 2 divisions. A 2 division competition would run as follows:
- Middle/High School
- We invite all previously registered teams to email us their intentions early in order to hold their spot in the competition.
- Once registration re-opens, the link on this page will return
- We accept immediate registrations via PayPal
- PO’s from schools are accepted using our form & instructions
- Registration is $100 (a non-refundable donation)
- Registration is not complete until fee or PO is received
- Registered Team Coaches receive access to Team Resources Files (Google Drive Folder) including Parts I & II of the Manual, Scoring Sheet & Element Build Guide
- Late Registration – TBA
2021/2022 Consent & Release Form (link currently disabled) Our Consent & Release form needs to be filled out ONCE per calendar year by all CNY Drones program participants – and then applies to all events for that year. No team member or coach will be allowed to participate without a completed form.
Academy of Model Aeronautics Membership – required for ALL “PILOTS” (up to 2 per team)!
- No pending AMA applicants will be accepted as pilots on the day of the competition.
- Membership is FREE for middle & high school age team members (18 & under)
- Register your pilots at least 2 months in advance of the competition to insure AMA ID card is received.
Check out our FAQ page! Then, Feel free to direct your questions to our Q&A page. Posts are fielded daily by local drone enthusiasts/volunteers. For a more extensive conversation, email us at: CNYDrones@gmail.com and we can arrange a phone call at your convenience. We make every effort to respond to questions and registrations within 48 hours via email and/or phone.
NORTHEAST COMPETITION DAY
Location: SUNY Polytechnic Institute, Utica, NY
Further details will be provided the month prior to our event via a Competition Day Guide. If your team is traveling, seeking local lodging suggestions, or is planning farther in advance, please contact us & we’ll be happy to assist!
FARM-i-GEDDON REGISTRATION IS CURRENTLY CLOSED & WILL RE-OPEN IN EARLY FALL 2021
Team Registration – Google Form
PayPal Team Fee/Donation Form:
Please mail school PO to:
- CNY Drones
- Lisa Payne, Administrator
- 5 Forest Road
- Utica NY 13501-6621
Questions? Contact us any time at: CNYDrones@gmail.com