CNY Drones graciously accepts sponsorships to insure continuation of our STEM demonstrations, drone clinics, workshops, mentoring, competitions, Model Aviation Student Club, and MultiGP Chapter events. Sponsors allow us to offer the majority of our events for free or with minimal entry fees. We strive to reach underserved communities, targeting both inner city and rural students and adults. All events are planned, organized, and presented by an incredible group of volunteers in our local drone community. Feedback from the public, participants and sponsors helps us continuously improve with each successive event.
Tax deductible contributions to CNY Drones can be made out to “The Griffiss Institute”, our fiscal agent and 501(c)3. It is incredibly important for bookkeeping purposes to add the following notation to your check “For CNYDrones@RoboSpartans Robotics”. Sponsor checks should be mailed directly to the Griffiss Institute, 725 Daedalian Drive, Rome, NY 13441.
We also gladly accept:
- gift cards – Staples, Target, Walmart, Amazon, Home Depot – help us maintain our demonstration supplies & equipment!
- gas cards – to keep our equipment & volunteers moving on down the road!
- equipment – projector, laptop, whiteboard
- supply purchases – paper, printer ink, tape
- new & used demo drones
- gently used fold-up play tunnels & connecting cubes
- portable LED race timer
- lightweight folding tables – 6ft or 8 ft
- EZ-Up style canopies – any size
- 2’x2′ foam tiles
- bottled water – to keep our volunteers hydrated!
- feather flags – any style, company logos are fine
- field cones – low soccer type
PayPal Donations – use the gold Donate button that appears on the top right of our pages.
Feel free to contact Lisa Payne at: CNYDrones@gmail.com or by leaving a detailed message at 315-732-1001, day or evening.
What We Do For Our Sponsors
- We continuously promote our sponsors at our events and demonstrations
- sharing stories about our sponsor’s STEM efforts with our audiences
- displaying logos at our registration and informational tables
- displaying logos using any sponsor provided flags and banners
- We support the causes championed by our sponsors
- We’re available to our sponsors for demonstrations to their organizations & causes
Recent Event Success
On June 25, 2017 we held our first Tiny Whoop Build & Fly Workshop on the 3rd floor of the Utica Children’s Museum. The event attracted participants ranging in age from 11 to 63. In addition to Cornell Cooperative Extension 4H leaders from Genesee and Saratoga Counties, we had attendees from Clinton, Deansboro, Little Falls, Marcy, New Hartford, Oneida, and Sauquoit. Our event fee ($325) covered the cost of full drone kits including FPV Goggles, Radio Controller, camera, frame, motors and electronics along with admission to the museum. Participants were able to take home the completed drones and immediately get immersed in drone racing and free styling – indoors. An important result – they all left the workshop with the basic knowledge to rebuild and/or repair their drones. Nine volunteers worked the 4 hour event. The workshop gained us two new student volunteers who are eager to share their knowledge at upcoming events.