How We Use Our Funding
Sponsorship funds go directly toward equipment & supply purchases, maintenance, venue fees, & insurance. Our committee members, mentors and general volunteers spend an inordinate amount of time growing our organization. Funding compliments their efforts.
This is CNY Drones (2018 Youtube video – events photo collage)
Together, we provide the following:
1) Drone demonstrations & clinics that get students involved in drones as a hobby, spark interest in other area drone programs promoting STEM as well consider drones as an educational and/or employment option.
2) Continued development of affordable drone programs presented by engineers & enthusiasts that introduce all ages to STEM skills involved in building, programming & flying.
3) Continued growth of our Model Aviation Student Club under the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA) and promotion to area schools to develop sister clubs. We offer inner city & rural students and adults the opportunity to get immersed in drone technology through meetings with local engineers during our Friday Night Flights and at demonstration events. AMA provides important insurance coverage for drone owners and for our events.
4) Continued development of our Provisional MultiGP Chapter that hosts drone races, freestyle opportunities, tech events and clinics in concert with our AMA MASC activities. Different from most racing chapters, we always incorporate interactive STEM activities for spectators.
5) Maintenance of our website and social media presence that acts as a safety & educational informational hub for our region.
6) Continued development of our annual low-cost, STEM-based Team Drone Challenge to encourage creative and cooperative participation by students and adults. The Challenge is now offered in partnership with our new sister group, the SUNY Polytechnic Institute AMA University Model Student Aviation Club. This group of passionate engineering college students is helping us maintain a stream of student STEM & drone technology ambassadors.
- includes sponsor letter, sponsorship levels, how funding is used & a 2 part receipt
Tax deductible contributions to CNY Drones can be made out to “The Griffiss Institute”, our fiscal agent and 501(c)3. It is incredibly important for bookkeeping purposes to add the following notation to your check “For CNYDrones@RoboSpartans Robotics”. Sponsor checks should be mailed directly to the Griffiss Institute, 725 Daedalian Drive, Rome, NY 13441.
We also gladly accept:
- gift cards – Staples, Target, Walmart, Amazon, Home Depot – help us maintain our demonstration supplies & equipment!
- gas cards – to keep our equipment & volunteers moving on down the road!
- equipment – projector, laptop, whiteboard
- supply purchases – paper, printer ink, tape
- new & used demo drones
- gently used fold-up play tunnels & connecting cubes
- portable LED race timer
- lightweight folding tables – 6ft or 8 ft
- EZ-Up style canopies – any size
- 2’x2′ foam tiles
- bottled water – to keep our volunteers hydrated!
- feather flags – any style, company logos are fine
- field cones – low soccer type
- new pool noodles & PVC pipe 1/2″ & 1″ (for gates)
- trophies – for our Team Drone Challenge & race events
PayPal Donations – use the gold Donate button that appears on the top right of our pages.
Feel free to contact Lisa at: CNYDrones@gmail.com or by leaving a detailed message at 315-732-1001, day or evening.
What We Do For Our Sponsors
- We continuously promote our sponsors at our events and demonstrations
- sharing stories about our sponsor’s STEM efforts with our audiences
- displaying logos at our registration and informational tables
- displaying logos using any sponsor provided flags and banners
- We support the causes championed by our sponsors
- We’re available to our sponsors for demonstrations to their organizations & causes