What We Do For Our Sponsors
- We continuously promote our sponsors at our events, interactive demonstrations & via social media
- sharing stories about our sponsor’s STEM efforts with our audiences
- displaying logos at our registration &informational tables
- displaying logos using any sponsor provided flags & banners
- sharing marketing materials & special event information
- helping give our sponsors Statewide & Nationwide reach
- We support the causes championed by our sponsors
- We’re available to our sponsors for demonstrations to their organizations & for their favored causes
- We promote our sponsors’ causes & community efforts via social media (FB, TW, IG)
How We Use Our Funding
Sponsorship funds go directly toward equipment & supply purchases, maintenance, venue fees, & insurance. Our committee members, mentors and general volunteers spend an inordinate amount of time growing our organization. Funding compliments their efforts.
This is CNY Drones (2018 Youtube events photo collage)
Together, we provide the following:
1) Growth of our annual low-cost, STEM-based Team Drone Challenge to encourage creative & cooperative participation by students and adults. The Challenge is now offered in partnership with the SUNY Polytechnic Institute AMA University Model Student Aviation Club. This group of passionate engineering college students helps us maintain a stream of student STEM & drone technology ambassadors – connecting college with community. We strive to keep team participation costs to a minimum. As interest increases, so does the need for equipment.
2) Interactive demonstrations & clinics get students involved in drones as a hobby, spark interest in other area programs & help students consider drones as an educational & employment option. Equipment is heavily used & requires regular maintenance and replacement. Invitations continue to outnumber resources.
3) Development of new affordable drone workshops using the latest equipment & presented by engineers & enthusiasts that introduce all ages to STEM skills involved in building, programming & flying.
4) Growth of our Model Aviation Student Club (under the Academy of Model Aeronautics) & promotion to area schools to develop networked clubs. Inner city, rural students & adults are offered opportunities to get immersed in drone technology through meetings with local engineers & enthusiastic drone technologists. AMA provides important insurance coverage, safety information & resources for our events & individual members.
5) Development of our unique MultiGP Chapter as hosts of regional drone races, tech events & clinics in concert with our AMA MASC activities. Different from most racing chapters, CNY Drones focuses on incorporating several interactive STEM activities for spectators. Racing is used to attract students to drone technology & as a lead in to the many educational & employment opportunities available in related fields.
6) Growth of our information hub – our website & social media presence function as the recreational drone owner education & safety information hub for our region, connecting & influencing locally & internationally.
How to Donate
SPONSOR LETTER & FORMS – v4-6-18 – includes sponsor letter, sponsorship levels, how funding is used & a 2-part receipt for your records
Tax deductible contributions to CNY Drones can be made out to “The Griffiss Institute”, our fiscal agent and 501(c)3. It is incredibly important for bookkeeping purposes to add the following notation to your check “For CNYDrones@RoboSpartans Robotics”. Checks should be mailed directly to the Griffiss Institute, 725 Daedalian Drive, Rome, NY 13441 using sponsor forms (link above).
PayPal Donations – use the gold Donate button that appears on the top right of our pages.
Feel free to contact Lisa at: CNYDrones@gmail.com or by leaving a detailed message at 315-732-1001, day or evening.
We also gladly accept items on our Wish List!
Together, we make a difference in our community!