What We Do For Our Sponsors
- We connect sponsors to the future workforce!
- we work with tech-savvy college students, high school & middle school students who’d make great interns & future employees!
- We continuously promote our sponsors at our events, interactive demonstrations & via social media
- sharing stories about our sponsor’s STEM efforts with our audiences
- displaying logos at our registration &informational tables
- displaying logos using any sponsor provided flags & banners
- sharing marketing materials & special event information
- helping give our sponsors Statewide & Nationwide reach
- We support the causes championed by our sponsors
- We’re available to our sponsors for demonstrations to their organizations & for their favored causes
- We promote our sponsors’ causes & community efforts via social media
Annual Request for Sponsors
We request sponsors annually via general donation letter to our contacts. We invite potential sponsors to engage in partnerships as we connect at events and share updates monthly via our newsletter. Contact us for our 2019 Fundraising Request Letter & Form.
How We Use Our Funding
Sponsorship funds go directly toward equipment & supply purchases, maintenance, venue fees, & insurance. Our committee members, mentors & general volunteers spend an inordinate amount of time sharing drone technology knowledge. Funding compliments their efforts & our monetized programs.
Together, we provide the following:
1) Growth of our annual low-cost, inclusive, indoor Team Drone Challenge to encourage creative & cooperative participation by students and adults. The Challenge currently offered in partnership with the SUNY Polytechnic Institute AMA University Model Student Aviation Club. This group of passionate engineering college students helps us maintain a stream of student STEM & drone technology ambassadors – connecting college with community.
We strive to keep participant team participation costs to a minimum. As interest increases, so does the need for equipment and replacement parts. Sponsorship supports the growth of teams & our efforts to become self-sustaining.
2) Interactive exhibits/demonstrations get students involved in drones as a hobby, spark interest in other area programs & help students consider drones as an educational & employment option. We believe the best chance of getting students in involved in STEM is by getting fun, challenging equipment into their hands so they can experiment. We often see a “lightbulb moment” when that same equipment is put into the hands of a parent. Our equipment is heavily used & requires regular maintenance & replacement. Sponsors increase our ability to share with more students at more STEM-related events.
3) Development of drone workshop modules to funnel into our Team Drone Challenge – using the latest equipment & presented by engineers & enthusiasts. We’ve learned that when STEM is a fun part of extracurricular activities, it becomes a big influence on future education & employment paths. We do our best to offer programs at the lowest cost possible by donating time towards development & presentation. Sponsors help us purchase equipment & secure venues so our programs remain enticing and affordable. Equipment investment & reinvestment is continuous & must be carried out far enough in advance for inspection, adjustments, downloading of programming, & re-packaging.
4) Support administration of our information hub – our website & social media presence function as an education & safety information hub for our region, connecting & influencing locally & internationally. It remains the starting point for students, parents, & educators. Information is gathered & disseminated through our website, email accounts & social media. Sponsorship covers the fees to keep our growing hub a community-based asset.
How to Donate
Tax deductible contributions to CNY Drones can be made out to “The Griffiss Institute”, our fiscal agent and 501(c)3. It is incredibly important for bookkeeping purposes to add the following notation to your check “For CNYDrones@RoboSpartans Robotics”. Checks should be mailed directly to the Griffiss Institute, 725 Daedalian Drive, Rome, NY 13441 using sponsor forms (link above).
PayPal Donations – use the gold Donate button that appears on the top right of our pages!
We also appreciate any purchases made on our behalf by sponsors! Sponsors are free to add logos and promotional material to donated items. Wish List
Volunteers are also welcomed! Donations in the form of volunteerism works for us! Many of our programs are provided at times that accommodate work schedules. As that is not always the case, we appreciate employers who provide their employees with the ability to help us for the occasional program that falls during business hours. Since we plan events 2-4 months in advance, we do our best to give our volunteers sufficient notice to plan around their schedules.
Feel free to contact Lisa at: CNYDrones@gmail.com or by leaving a detailed message at 315-732-1001, day or evening & your call will be returned.
We also gladly accept items on our Wish List!
Together, we make a difference in our community!