What We Do For Our Sponsors
- We connect sponsors to the future workforce!
- we work with tech-savvy college students, high school & middle school students who’d make great interns & future employees!
- We continuously promote our sponsors at our events, interactive demonstrations & via social media
- sharing stories about our sponsor’s STEM efforts with our audiences
- displaying logos at our registration & informational tables
- displaying logos using any sponsor provided flags & banners
- sharing marketing materials & special event information
- helping give our sponsors Statewide & Nationwide reach
- We support the causes championed by our sponsors
- We’re available to our sponsors for demonstrations to their organizations & for their favored causes
- We promote our sponsors’ causes & community efforts via social media
- We request sponsors annually via donation letter & follow-up with our contacts
- Annual sponsorships vs. individual event sponsorships allow us to spread funding over all programs throughout the year & give sponsors maximum visibility
- We invite potential sponsors to engage in partnerships as we connect at events in the community
- We constantly share updates via our newsletter & social media
- Our Strategic Plan & Operational Plan is available for review by prospective major sponsors upon request
- Contact us for our 2019 Fundraising Request Letter & Form
How We Use Our Funding
Sponsorship funds go directly toward equipment & supply purchases, maintenance, venue fees, & insurance so we can provide the following:
1) Growth of our annual low-cost, inclusive, indoor Team Drone Challenge
Sponsorship supports our efforts to become self-sustaining – helping us promote the growth of host sites & assist new teams!
- Sponsor funds help cover annual theme & field element development, allowing us to keep participant team participation costs to a minimum!
2) Growth of Interactive Exhibits & Tech Meets
We believe the best chance of getting students in involved in STEM is by getting fun, challenging equipment into their hands so they can experiment. We also often see a “lightbulb moment” when drone equipment is put into the hands of a parent. There’s no denying the importance of parental influence on student participation in STEM activities! Our interactive approach gets students involved in drones as a hobby & helps students consider drones as an educational & employment option!
- Sponsors help us maintain equipment that is heavily used & requires regular maintenance & replacement!
- Sponsors allow us to increase the number of students we reach by increasing the amount of programs we provide! Sponsor funds specifically increase the number of interactive stations we can offer & help cover the logistical costs associated with transporting equipment to venues.
3) Development of Drone Workshop Modules
Workshops funnel students into our Annual Team Drone Challenge & help increase our mentor & volunteer base! Sponsors help us reduce our program costs to participants!
- Sponsor funding helps us make necessary pre-program equipment purchases, giving us time to test for initial failures. Due to constant variability in equipment quality & availability, we always order far in advance, order extra units, and then, inspect, adjust, test, download programming & kit based on program needs.
4) Support administration of our Information Hub
Our website & social media presence function as an education & safety information hub for our region – connecting & influencing recreational drone owners, locally & internationally! Sponsor funding allows us to maintain our presence as the starting point for students, parents, & educators.
- Sponsorship covers the fees to keep our growing hub a community-based asset & a nationally recognized information source feeding into the regional drone tech economy
How to Donate
Tax deductible contributions to CNY Drones can be made out to “The Griffiss Institute”, our fiscal agent and 501(c)3. It is incredibly important for bookkeeping purposes to add the following notation to your check “For CNYDrones@RoboSpartans Robotics”. Checks should be mailed directly to the Griffiss Institute, 725 Daedalian Drive, Rome, NY 13441 using sponsor forms (link above).
PayPal Donations – use the gold Donate button that appears on the top right of our pages!
We also appreciate any purchases made on our behalf by sponsors! Sponsors are free to add logos and promotional material to donated items. Wish List
Volunteers are also welcomed! Donations in the form of volunteerism works for us! Many of our programs are provided at times that accommodate work schedules. As that is not always the case, we appreciate employers who provide their employees with the ability to help us for the occasional program that falls during business hours. Since we plan events 2-4 months in advance, we do our best to give our volunteers sufficient notice to plan around their schedules.
Feel free to contact Lisa at: CNYDrones@gmail.com or by leaving a detailed message at 315-732-1001, day or evening & your call will be returned.
We also gladly accept equipment & materials on our Wish List!
Together, we make a difference in our community!