This Challenge is currently on pause for the 2021-2022 Season.
- A local farm needs your drone team’s help!
- A recent drought followed by a major storm has taken a toll on crops
- Dairy cattle have scattered
- A farmer is missing and may be stuck in a silo!
- Is your drone team up for the task?
- Develop a Safety Plan
- Navigate at low altitude through farm obstacles
- Map property & field damage – stitching photos together
- Search the inside of a barn & silo
- Retrieve a soil sample
- Locate & identify missing livestock
- Locate & move hay bales to feed livestock
- Activate irrigation system lever to water fields
- Inspect & restart wind turbines
- Restart a farm windmill
- Prevent a UFO from kidnapping livestock
- Return to a moving tractor-pulled platform
FARM-i-GEDDON focuses on key elements simulating real-world situations & was created using the framework for Next Generation Science Standards. Our 3rd annual challenge was developed by a volunteer committee made up of drone industry professionals, educators, college students & drone enthusiasts.
- Middle/High School (age 12 – 18) We’ve postponed adding a collegiate division until 2022-2023.
- Team Pilot(s) MUST be AMA Members at registration (Age 12-18 = FREE!)
- Teams of 2 to 5 on-field Crew Members – or 6 following new 2nddrone guidelines
- NEW 2nd Tiny Whoop class drone option! (contact us for details!)
- At least 1 adult mentor required at competition for Middle/High School level
- Utica competition limited to 12 total teams
Revised Main Competition Drone & Tiny Whoop class specs will be posted on our Team Drone Challenge Resources Page. If you need to order early and have any questions- contact us! We’re here to help! Want an improvement implemented? We’d appreciate feedback! Micro drone specs will insure that the smaller counterpart drone can easily maneuver in the FARM-i-GEDDON barn & silo. Tint Whoop class drone use will be optional and only needed for a single tight-space mission.
- Start a team & compete for less than $1,000 – ask us how!
- Registration Info (link paused)
- Questions? We’re here for you!
Northeast Competition Day – to be scheduled
We’ll be working to bring FARM-i-GEDDON back to SUNY Polytechnic Institute in hopes of having our annual event hosted once again by SUNY AMA UMASC, SUNY Fabrication Club, SUNY 3D Printing & Design Club & SUNY Baja Club.
- Tech Meets will be scheduled to reconnect with teams
- Mentors will be available via phone, email or during scheduled hangouts for questions