Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world;
indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.
– Margaret Mead
CNY Drones is a volunteer run, community based organization promoting drone-focused STEM. Our centerpiece annual Team Drone Challenge, introductory programs, interactive exhibits, tech meets & races encourage further exploration of the regional drone education & employment pipeline.
- We support the growth of the regional drone technology ecosystem starting with student & parent awareness of recreational drones at our interactive demonstrations & exhibits
- We believe that getting the technology into the hands of the student & parent is key in sparking interest – We are here to make the connection!
- We nurture interest through indoor beginner flying sessions, build workshops – & yes – even through MultiGP races where discussions with racers & volunteers are always STEM-centered!
- We use our programs to encourage participation in our annual indoor Team Drone Challenge while encouraging further exploration of regional STEM education & drone tech employment
- Our outreach is backed by a robust informational support hub that gives access to changing technology & mentor support!
- Dozens of years of combined STEM experience & passionate mentors are behind all our efforts!
- Consider our mentor to participant ratios (typically 2 to1) compared to other STEM programs – we’re extremely low! We strive to provide great mentor to student interaction with the highest benefit per dollar of investment!
CNY Drones efforts feed into the drone tech education & employment pipeline.
OUR MANTRA keeps us laser focused! DRONES, EDUCATION, PIPELINE.
“Research suggests that personal interest, experience, and enthusiasm—critical to children’s learning of science at school or other settings—may also be linked to later educational and career choices.” – nextgenscience.org
We’ve reached thousands of students & adults since January 2016!
We’ve seen how economic development initiatives thrive when the future workforce is enthusiastic about technology developing in their communities.
EXPERIENCED MENTORS – fly for the love of flying & share for the love of sharing
- From a student’s first time using a flight simulator to an adult’s first impression of our forward-thinking drone mentors, we’re getting a positive message out to technology-minded individuals who have the potential to get involved in regional drone tech in the not-so-distant future.
- Our mentors come from various backgrounds with a common enthusiasm for drones & for developing a safe and knowledgeable drone community.
- Our mentors love to fly & share freely beyond any program.
- Their availability for follow-up — priceless.
- All of our mentors are recreational drone pilots who fly regularly as members of the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA). Some are 107 Certified Pilots as a part of their employment or education, although it is not a requirement for our group.
GET TO KNOW US!
Resources – we’re a key information hub for NYS educators & the recreational drone community!