Welcome to the CNY Drones Info Hub!
STEM – Science, Technology, Engineering & Math – drives the advancement of Central New York industry. Mentorship & hands-on activities provide a key mechanisms for encouraging & sustaining student involvement in STEM. CNY Drones’ experienced volunteers provide the link between sparked interest & Central New York’s drone education & employment pipeline – year-round!
STEM Focused. Community Supported. Volunteer Driven.
DRONE COMMUNITY ACTION NEEDED!
The recent proposed rule by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has us extremely concerned about the future of CNY Drones and recreational drone ownership. As a provider of hands-on STEM programs that spark interest in the growing drone education & employment pipeline, we stand to lose drone enthusiasts – our mentors, volunteers & participants.
We urge you to:
- do some research before forming an opinion
- make your opinion known to your US Congressional District representatives
- post a civil comment to the FAA within the now less than 60 day comment period
There are now numerous videos on Youtube with varying degrees of information & interpretation. As of January 14, 2020, there are under 5,000 individual comments on the FAA site listed below. Your comment is needed – now more than ever! We urge you to take time to digest the information provided & respond in a professional manner.
- Day/Date: Sunday, Jan. 26, 2019
- Time: 2:00pm to ~4:00pm (time can be extended depending on turn-out/need)
- Indoor Flying – Tiny Whoop, Test Flights – FARM-i-GEDDON Competition Drones, Building, Repair, Discussion
- Event Admission: 2020 FARM-i-GEDDON Pre-Registration, Completed 2020 Registration, SUNY Poly Student ID, or pre-arranged permission
- Indoor Flying, Building, Repair, Discussion
- Location: SUNY Polytechnic Institute, Donovan Hall, Center for Global Advanced Manufacturing Room G172
- Questions & Event Registration – Name/Age/Team/Email/Cell Phone to: CNYDrones@gmail.com
- Registration will be confirmed by email or phone
FARM-i-GEDDON REGISTRATION STILL OPEN!
Only 4 spots left in our Middle/High School Division! Register Today!
- 2020 Team Late Registration $175 – starting 12/1/19
- payment via PayPal, check or school PO
- Registered teams receive access to our Team Resources drive folder including Manual Part I & II
- Start the registration process & we’ll help you get started!
TEACHERS – Interested in Collaborating on Drone Tech Curriculum?
We’re testing out our PLC with Team Drone Challenge Teams using Google Classroom! More info here
Annual Consent & Release Form – 2020
Planning on participating in one of our events this year or next? Take a moment to fill out our 2020 Consent & Release form! Just a one time form for the whole year – saves you time & saves us paper! Thanks!
Questions? Contact Us!
Last site update:
© 2019 CNYDrones @RoboSpartans Robotics
Recent Changes to Recreational Drone Piloting (FAA.gov, May 2019)
This site, social media accounts and the many great programs planned by CNY Drones are made possible by a great group of dedicated volunteers from our local drone community!
CNY Drones exists fiscally under the Griffiss Institute‘s 501(c)(3) & through the generosity of organizations and individuals who believe in our mission.