NY Region II Support Hub
- Tech Meets & Planning Committee Meetings
- for information exchange & team development
- Region II Support Drive Folders
- helpful ancillary items to get started
- Technical Support Staff (volunteers)
- Experienced Certified Instructors
- Equipment on hand to reference during calls
- Typically < 24 hour response for most questions
- Contract Services
- On-site hands-on workshops, troubleshooting & coaching
- All on-site training is provided with a minimum of 2 instructors – 1 lead instructor plus 1 instructor per 3 students
- Our format of group training provides superior individual learning opportunities
- Event Hosting
- Regional Kick-Off
- Tech Meets
- Regional Championship
- Support for Qualifiers & Local Events
- Availability of Loaner Equipment
- Networking & promotion within Region II & to our connections in the Northeast
- Advice based on years of experience in STEM team coaching, event coordination, camp & workshop creation
We work with our sister AMA organization, SUNY Polytechnic Institute’s University Model Aviation Student Club, linking high school students with a tech-forward college environment
DRONE SOCCER TECH
How to Reach CNY Drones for Support
- The fastest way to reach us is by phone or direct message!
- CNY Drones Administrator: Lisa
- Email us! if you’d like to add technical information, photos or video
Our Resources Make Your Resources Possible!
Development of U.S. Drone Soccer NY Region II is supported by the Air Force Research Lab, Rome, NY & TACNY – Technology Alliance of Central New York. Our continued collaboration with SUNY Polytechnic Institute College of Engineering & student technology clubs led by the SUNY AMA, along with our gracious fiscal agent, The Griffiss Institute, has allowed us to increase our reach. We also thank all of our previous sponsors who invested in our STEM mission, helping us continue services for 6+ years. We appreciate new sponsors! Help us maintain & expand our services! firstname.lastname@example.org
National Ongoing Support Services
Access those who have purchased U.S. Drone Soccer equipment & educational license.
- Aircraft Flight Manual – your first stop for information
- U.S. Drone Soccer Help Desk – assistance from the Drone Sports, Inc. team
- Troubleshooting Meetings – Online! Meetings are typically Thursday Afternoons, 4:00pm EST. Contact U.S. Drone Soccer to be added to the invite list.
- Drone Sports Github – The latest Betaflight firmware setting for your DS200 drone (soccer ball)
- Community Discord – League communication Nationally – connect with other coaches & pilots
FAA TRUST Exam
The FAA TRUST Exam is NOT required for U.S. Drone Soccer, BUT is highly encouraged for educators & students.
The exam is FREE & required for all outdoor recreational flight.
Find more information & access to The UAS Safety Test (TRUST):
https://trust.modelaircraft.org (Academy of Model Aeronautics)