The SUNY Polytechnic Institute Academy of Model Aeronautics University Model Aviation Student Club #15104 was officially formed in 2017 as the first AMA UMASC in New York State. Formerly known as the RC Hobby Club, the group meets monthly on the SUNY Utica Campus. The group works on community outreach projects with sister organization, CNY Drones, AMA Model Aviation Student Club #15080 & promotes drone safety both on & off-campus. The University Model Aviation Student Club was the first club to receive that designation in New York State.
We post this page as a courtesy to our friends who contribute regularly to the community!
CNY Drones (MASC), SUNY AMA (UMASC) & other SUNY CGAM Student Clubs Work Together!
SUNY AMA works closely with other SUNY Student Clubs including the 3D Printing & Design Club, Fabrication/Wildcat Robotics Club, & Baja Club.
- promoting flight safety under the AMA guidelines
- event planning & event hosting experience
- fundraising & providing fundraising opportunities through our community connections
- community service experience – both local & Statewide
- mentoring experience – working with students & adults
- connection to local engineers & valuable company contacts
- connection to local high school students considering STEM fields
- introducing younger students & families to the college campus
AMA UMASC Info
Want to start a UMASC at your university/college?
- AMA UMASC Chartering Guide
- Contact Bob Payne (see info below)
SUNY CGAM Club Activities
Bob Payne firstname.lastname@example.org
Bob is an Adjunct Instructor, Mechanical Engineering Technology and Club Advisor for:
- SUNY AMA UMASC
- SUNY Fabrication Club/Combat Bots
- 3D Printing & Design Club
Together – we are a force in sparking STEM interest in Central New York!