The SUNY Polytechnic Institute Academy of Model Aeronautics University Model Aviation Student Club #15104 was officially formed in 2017 as the first AMA UMASC in New York State. Formerly known as the RC Hobby Club, the group meets monthly on the SUNY Utica Campus. The group works on community outreach projects with sister organization, CNY Drones, AMA Model Aviation Student Club #15080 & promotes drone safety both on & off-campus. The University Model Aviation Student Club was the first club to receive that designation in New York State. We post this page as a courtesy. AMA National Model Aircraft Safety Code
CNY Drones (MASC), SUNY AMA (UMASC) & other SUNY CGAM Student Clubs Work Together!
- promoting flight safety under the AMA guidelines
- event planning & event hosting experience
- fundraising & providing fundraising opportunities through our community connections
- community service experience – both local & Statewide
- mentoring experience – working with students & adults
- connection to local engineers & valuable company contacts
- connection to local high school students considering STEM fields
- introducing younger students & families to the college campus
AMA UMASC Info
Want to start a UMASC at your university/college?
- AMA UMASC Chartering Guide
- Contact Bob Payne (see info below)
SUNY CGAM Club Activities
Bob Payne firstname.lastname@example.org
Bob is an Adjunct Instructor, Mechanical Engineering Technology and Club Advisor for:
- SUNY AMA UMASC
- SUNY Fabrication Club/Combat Bots
- 3D Printing & Design Club
CNY Drones collaborates with the SUNY 3D Printing & Design Club, the SUNY Poly Fabrication Club’s Wildcat Robotics – Combat Bots Team, SUNY IEEE & SUNY Baja Club / Wildcat Motorsports. Mohawk Valley Community College’s UAS Program students have also contributed to our programs.
Together – we are a force in sparking STEM interest in Central New York!