Workforce Development Partnership Opportunity
For over 7 years, annual sponsorships have allowed us to spread funding over all programs throughout the year & give sponsors maximum visibility. For 2023-2024, we’re continuing to grow U.S. Drone Soccer in District II. Our goal is to lead & sustain workforce development efforts through growing leagues, offering technical support & drone education training, & co-hosting an annual NY District II Championship Competition at SUNY Polytechnic Institute. We work closely with our sister group, SUNY Poly AMA UMASC and other tech-based student groups on campus in Utica, NY to introduce and maintain interest in drone and aviation technology.
- Sponsorship puts your organization squarely in front of technology minded students, educators & parents!
- Your donation helps influence schools to grow drone technology programs – connecting students to opportunities in the Northeast centered around the NYS UAS Test Site in Rome, NY
- Sponsorship reduces the need to pass on costs to event participants – which we try our best to make ZERO for the many schools & organizations struggling to start & maintain aviation related programs.
- Typical event costs include: team registration materials, updates to audio/visual & computer equipment, battery charging stations & spare batteries, drone parts, volunteer t-shirts, trophies & food
- We operate with a volunteer-run support-system working in concert with our sister organization, SUNY AMA UMASC & other SUNY Polytechnic Institute tech-based student clubs. All are committed STEM advocates & community members. See us in action at an event or through social media documentation.
- We would be happy to supply an equipment list to those wishing to donate specific items!
- Help us reinforce continued SUNY Polytechnic Institute student club collaboration — AND grow new connections at other schools!
Contact us to discuss your organization’s interest!
- Air Force Research Lab in Rome, NY
- SUNY Polytechnic Institute, Marcy, NY – College of Engineering, Center for Global & Additive Manufacturing & our sister organization, the AMA Student Club
- Quanterion Solutions Incorporated
We appreciate all our present & past sponsors who have moved us forward in our efforts to promote STEM using drone technology! Local sponsors & supporters helped us get to where we are today! AIS, AX Enterprise, NUAIR, A&P Master Images, Carbone Auto Group/Lithia, AUVSI, Preferred Mutual Insurance, Carmela’s Cafe, Holland Farms, Pemberton Raceworks Inc., NY Sash, Rome NY Rotary Club, TACNY, Walmart Distribution Center & more!
What We Do For Our Sponsors
- We connect sponsors to the future workforce!
- we work with tech-savvy college students, high school & middle school students who’d make great interns & future employees!
- We continuously promote our sponsors at our events, interactive demonstrations & via social media
- sharing stories about our sponsor’s STEM efforts with our audiences
- displaying logos at our registration & informational tables
- displaying logos using any sponsor provided flags & banners
- sharing marketing materials & special event information
- helping give our sponsors Statewide & Nationwide reach
- We support the causes championed by our sponsors
- We’re available to our sponsors for demonstrations to their organizations & for their favored causes
- We promote our sponsors’ causes & community efforts via social media
How to Donate
Tax deductible contributions to CNY Drones can be made out to “The Griffiss Institute”, our fiscal agent and 501(c)3. It is incredibly important for bookkeeping purposes to add the following notation to your check “For CNYDrones@RoboSpartans Robotics”. Checks should be mailed directly to the Griffiss Institute, 725 Daedalian Drive, Rome, NY 13441 using a CNY Drones Sponsor Form, available upon request. If you wish to support our District II Championship event, please request a listing of available sponsorship levels!
PayPal Donations – use the gold Donate button that appears on the top right of our pages!
We also appreciate any purchases made on our behalf by sponsors! Sponsors are free to add logos and promotional material to donated items. Wish List
Volunteers are also welcomed! Donations in the form of volunteerism works for us! Many of our programs are provided at times that accommodate work schedules. As that is not always the case, we appreciate employers who provide their employees with the ability to help us for the occasional program that falls during business hours. Since we plan events 2-4 months in advance, we do our best to give our volunteers sufficient notice to plan around their schedules via our event calendar. Key positions often require certification and/or AMA membership.
Feel free to contact Lisa at: CNYDrones@gmail.com
We Appreciate Our Sponsors!
Together, we make a difference in our community!