Got time? Drone Interest?
STEM passion? Expertise?
Community service hours to fill?
- Previous experience in drones not necessary!
- We have fun sharing and have a really great group of generous people around us!
- Age 12+ welcomed! We encourage peer-to-peer learning!
- Please realize that due to public health restrictions, our volunteer opportunities have been severely limited and will take some time to ramp up to pre-COVID numbers.
Get started with us!
- Visit us at one of our events to see how you can help or email us your interest!
- If you are looking to stay current with the technology and/or want to connect with others the local drone community, our events are the places to be!
- We are the go-to information hub for drone-focused STEM! Join in & see where it takes you!
- We don’t push our mentors to participate. Those who have stuck with us, do so because they push themselves to attend events. If you want to be involved, you need to show up. Those who show up, are the first to be included on future events.
- Background checks may be required for certain event positions.
- Our volunteers often become go-to mentors & help us provide key programs that introduce drones to the community!
- We allow new volunteers to shadow, learn & share their appreciation for drones at their own pace
- We never send out a new mentor without being recommended by our committee & without prior experience with our events!
- We choose mentors based on their expertise & commitment to our mission
- New mentors quickly learn how much we support each other & work as a team
- Mentors can be adults or students — both are invaluable to our organization!
- We harness enthusiasm for great peer-to-peer interaction
- We are members of the Academy of Model Aeronautics
- AND – we welcome ideas to improve!
Key Event Volunteers Requested As We Grow U.S. Drone Soccer!
- Emcee Team – we need 2 enthusiastic speakers per arena for our early April Championship. It’s fast-paced action requiring fast-paced talking for a single day event.
- Tech Crew – geek out helping staff our charging station & drone “first aid”
- Pit Boss – someone with a unique personality able to keep teams enthused & in line
Planning Committee Membership
- We periodically invite volunteers to join our Planning Committee when we see interest & the right fit
- Our committee members are the most dedicated people in our organization
- Planning Committee members are the advocates & diehard enthusiasts who keep us motivated!
- We often reach out to area tech companies & subject matter experts for advice