AMA Members & Commercial Drone Pilots Wanted!!!
Got time? Drone Interest?
STEM passion? Expertise?
Get started with us!
- Visit us at one of our events! If you want to be involved, you need to show up!
- If you are looking to stay current with the technology and/or want to connect with others the local drone community, our events are the places to be – we are an AMA MASC working with the SUNY AMA MASC and SUNY Polytechnic Institute, Utica, NY
- Join the Academy of Model Aeronautics (modelaircraft.org)
- Proof of background check in addition to AMA Membership & U.S. Drone Soccer Certification may be required for certain event positions
- Our volunteers often become go-to mentors & help us provide key programs that introduce drones to the community!
- We allow new volunteers to shadow, learn & share their appreciation for drones at their own pace
- We never send out a new mentor without being recommended by our committee & without prior experience with our events!
- We choose mentors based on their expertise & commitment to our mission
- New mentors quickly learn how much we support each other & work as a team
- Mentors can be adults or students — both are invaluable to our organization!
- We harness enthusiasm for great peer-to-peer interaction
- We are members of the Academy of Model Aeronautics
- AND – we welcome ideas to improve!
Planning Committee Members
- We periodically invite AMA volunteers to join our Planning Committee when we see interest & the right fit
- Most of our Planning Committee Members are Commercial Drone Pilots, have passed the TRUST test, and are certified instructors through U.S. Drone Soccer
- Planning Committee members are the advocates & diehard enthusiasts who keep us motivated!
- We periodically reach out to area tech companies & subject matter experts for advice for discussion at meetings