2 hours of flying using an indoor drone, radio controller & goggles
- Want to learn the basics of flying an indoor drone without the commitment?
- New to FPV (First Person View) flying?
- Receive a drone as a gift?
- Want to learn basic flying skills from some of the area’s most avid recreational hobbyists?
We periodically offer an introductory session to get beginners acquainted with Tiny Whoop class (65mm / indoor) drones. Sessions are available during Tech Meets by pre-arrangement. Participants will work in pairs as pilot & spotter working under the supervision of an experienced mentor. Drone safety & social responsibility is stressed by our CNY Drones Mentors – experienced drone enthusiasts & AMA members. Our mentors guide each pair on flying basics using our FPV goggles, radio controller & Tiny Whoop scale drone. Knowledge is transferable to the use of other drones. Mentors are available to answer questions beyond the program regarding purchasing beginner drones, further education and/or transferring knowledge to participation in our annual Team Drone Challenge. Ask any question via our contact form on this site. We typically respond within 24 hours. Contact Us!
- Ultra-low participant to mentor ratio: 2 to 1 – highly individualized assistance from our mentors!
- Participant maximum capacity: 8-12 – depending on venue space
- Age 12+ only – parental consent required
- a great way for people that are hesitant about buying the equipment needed to get started in the FPV drone hobby to “try before they buy”
Next Open Enrollment Session
Interested? Curious? Have questions? Want to host a session for a group?
Contact us – we’d be happy to discuss and help you figure out if this program is right for you!
Call: 315 732 1001 – leave message