2 hours of flying using an indoor drone, radio controller & goggles
- Want to learn the basics of flying an indoor drone without the commitment?
- New to FPV (First Person View) flying?
- Receive a drone as a gift?
- Want to learn basic flying skills from some of the area’s most avid recreational hobbyists?
We periodically offer an introductory session to get beginners acquainted with Tiny Whoop class (65mm / indoor) drones. Sessions are available during Tech Meets by pre-arrangement. Participants will work in pairs as pilot & spotter working under the supervision of an experienced mentor. Drone safety & social responsibility is stressed by our CNY Drones Mentors – experienced drone enthusiasts & AMA members. Our mentors guide each pair on flying basics using our FPV goggles, radio controller & Tiny Whoop scale drone. Knowledge is transferable to the use of other drones. Mentors are available to answer questions beyond the program regarding purchasing beginner drones, further education and/or transferring knowledge to participation in our annual Team Drone Challenge. Ask any question via our contact form on this site. We typically respond within 24-48 hours.
- Ultra-low participant to mentor ratio: 2 to 1 – highly individualized assistance from our mentors!
- Participant maximum capacity: 8-12 – depending on venue space
- Age 12+ only – parental consent required
- a great way for people that are hesitant about buying the equipment needed to get started in the FPV drone hobby to “try before they buy”
- Contact Us! We’re happy to share why our program is so different, including our low fee!
Next Open Enrollment Session
Day/Date: (during any scheduled Tech Meet or other dates by request)
Interested? Curious? Have questions? Want to host a session for a group?
Contact us – we’d be happy to discuss and help you figure out if this program is right for you!
Call: 315 732 1001 – leave message