We’re set for a 2-field, 16-team competition at SUNY Polytechnic Institute on April 7, 2019, hosted by the SUNY AMA UMASC 15104 in cooperation with the SUNY Fabrication Club & SUNY 3D Printing & Design Club. Our second season challenge is called FOREST FURY.
School teams, after-school programs, clubs, families & community-based teams are invited to participate each year starting on or around October 1st at our Annual Drone Info Day. Our program currently targets middle & high school aged students. We encourage college groups to contact us as interest develops for a second college level event.
Introductory Flying Sessions – an indoor program using our FPV goggles, controller & drone. Age 11+, groups of 4 to 12, 2 hours of hands-on instruction. Participant to mentor ratio: 2 to 1 and often 1 to 1. Our sessions get the technology in the hands of students, allowing them the freedom to explore with guidance from experienced AMA recreational pilots. Participants are provided connection to our mentors for further questions as well as information on safety, purchasing drones, our workshops, tech meets, & races as well as our Team Drone Competition.
Build, Fly & Take Home Workshop – for those who are serious about getting started with drones – we’ll get you building so you’ll know how to make repairs & understanding the programming so you can add to your drone collection. You’ll go home with a complete flying kit that can easily be added to as you grow into the sport, along with access to our participant resource folder & mentors for any follow-up questions you have along the way. Age 11+ , groups of 4 to 12, 4-6 hours of guided drone assembly & flying. Participants from this program have started teams for annual Team Drone Competition and have become mentors for CNY Drones.
- We partner with teacher groups, community organizations & companies to bring recreational drones & safety knowledge to interested groups via contracted presentation &/or individualized program development.
- We help bring drones into the classroom & guide teachers in creating curriculum modules.
- We assist in connecting fellow teachers around the State who are just starting out or are deep into drone programs of their own. We network!
New Mini-Workshop Modules In The Works!
A single module or a mix of modules & interactive exhibits are possible. Ask us about what we can offer your group! Got a topic? Run it by us.
- drone & battery safety
- scaling up primer – building larger scale drones
- 3D modeling drone parts
Tech Meets are events where we all chip in to have a get-together for area drone enthusiasts. We discuss, learn, build, repair, fly & share information & ideas. It’s a less formal event for new friends to learn more about us & old friends to catch up & work on their drones with the help of their peers. No real agenda – totally dictated by who shows up & what we all feel like accomplishing. Some have morphed into discussion & planning nights, others have become strictly flying events, & others become total build nights. We’re flexible! Tech meets offer follow-up opportunities with our mentors as well as a starting point for those wishing to get started.
Interactive Exhibits & Blended Programs
for large groups –
Contact Us about creating a tailored program to meet your needs with multiple interactive stations for ages 11+.
- Flight Simulator Zone
- FPV – First Person Viewing Zone
- Drone Display & Clinic Zone
- Safety Quiz Zone
- Drag Race Zone
- Obstacle Course Zone
- 3D Printing & CAD Zone
We plan far in advance – typically 2-4 months. More on our operations
We appreciate every contribution, every minute of volunteerism & every kind word of encouragement! It keeps us motivated to do more!
- Fast-paced, exciting, STEM-filled race days entice interest in drone technology & provide access to the World of drone racing!
- We use our events to entice interest & promote STEM with our interactive exhibits & roving mentors.
Sound Interesting to You?
- Program costs vary based on location (distance we need to travel), number of participants & equipment required
- Contact us to discuss how our programs can fit in your budget!
- See our Events Calendar for our open-enrollment programs
- Don’t see a session listed? Contact us – we set up programs based on demand!
Sponsorship Information – funding pays for demonstration equipment, repairs & upkeep.